Course Name: Access to Medical Records
Overview: If you are an employee who has a possible exposure to or uses toxic substances or harmful physical agents at your work site or an employer who has employees that may be exposed, you need to know your rights and responsibilities under OSHA’s standard on Access to Employee Exposure and Medical Records.
Course Length: 1 hour
Regulatory Reference (If applicable): 29 CFR 1910.1020
Objectives: Upon successful completion of the course, the student will have gained knowledge and understanding of:
- Employees and employers will learn what types of exposures they should be concerned about
- What is “access”
- What records can be accessed
- Employers will gain knowledge on what they need to know about the standard
- What records they must make available
- The length of time records must be retained.